10 motivational quotes that have changed my life, and will change yours too.
When I was younger, in fact right up until I was 31 I had a weight problem, because of that I have been called names and was bullied. This destroyed my confidence and caused me to have a lot of self-doubt. These 10 motivational quotes have changed my life, and will change yours too.
I decided that enough was enough because the pain of staying the same outweighed the effort of doing something about it. And at that moment I became obsessed with changing my mind-set, by body and my perception.
I now surround myself with positive quotes, stories and always look for motivation wherever I can find it.
This helps me stay focussed, and helps me keep moving forward never succumbing to the old me. Below are a list of 10 motivational quotes that I love and which resonate with me. I hope they will do the same for you.
1. It always seems impossible until its done – Nelson Mandela
When I told my family and friends I was going to lose weight and get a six pack, the resounding feedback was “you’ll never do it, you just aren’t built to have one”.
2. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great – Zig Ziglar
I was so nervous about training people after getting certified as a trainer, but I realised the only way to become good is to do it. This has been my core belief in everything, from building a website with zero tech knowledge, writing and publishing a blog because I genuinely believed nobody would care about what I had to say, learning how to become a great coach (a work in progress) and being aware of my shortfalls.
3. It’s always too early to quit – Norman Vincent
This is something that I have no intention of doing, let’s face it, you are only a failure when you quit. If you keep trying you are still achieving.
4. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be – Marcel Pagnol.
One thing I have been more conscious of in recent times is to live for the moment, It’s great to have goals, and it’s great to learn from the past, but the journey is where the memories are created and is the present, and the present is the only thing you can control.
5. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing you’ll never get it done – Bruce Lee
This is so true, I’m a huge procrastinator and this is a good reminder to “Just do it”.
6. The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in – Arnold Schwarzenegger
This is a quote I love, simply because when you are at the gym or working out you are strengthening your muscles and all things physically. But we rarely think of
strengthening our character and mind. Each time you come up against an unpleasant life event, learn from it and let it forge your character.
7. Nana Karobi Yao ki – Fall down 7 get up 8 – Japanese proverb
I had this tattooed on my calf in Japanese kanji before I became a Trainer after an unpleasant time in my life. It serves as a reminder to keep getting back up regardless.
8. To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. – Bruce Lee
This is something I am learning every day. You are the only person in control of your life, you have the same 24 hours as Elon Musk or Bill Gates; it’s how you decide to use them is the key to success.
9. Never, never. Never give up – Winston Churchill
When I started my weight loss journey, the only thing I did differently than all the other times was not give up. 7 years later, and 20kgs of fat gone. This puts me in the 10 % of people who keep weight off permanently. If you want to know how you can do the same you can download my “7 Lasting laws for long term weight loss and weight management” here.
10. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are – Theodore Roosevelt
You may be subject to circumstance, but the grass isn’t always greener. Look for the opportunities with the skills you have now.
Start Afresh, because if you don’t make a change today, how will tomorrow be any different.
Watch the Video Here –